Monday, November 22, 2010

EDLD 5301 Action Research Project

I aspire to be an athletic director one day and I decided to look into some action research on whether or not participating in extra curricular athletics had an effect on student attendance. I think it would be beneficial for an administrator in a school and an athletic director to know whether or not participation in athletics of some sort had an impact on a students attendance. The spectrum would need to be broad weighing both males and females, participants and non-participants, and taking into account their grades as well. I hypothesize that participation in athletics will attribute to better attendance and ultimately better grades. I am interested to see what my results reveal. If my hypothesis is correct then it may be beneficial to encourage students to participate in extra curricular activities.

1 comment:

  1. Bobby, great topic and it's great to see someone else in the same boat as me in regard to the idea of being an AD down the road. We will be able to discuss a few things since our projects are pretty closely related. No question in my mind at least that there will be a correlation between extracurricular activities and grades. As I know you are aware, in athletics at least, a student must come to school the day of an event in order to play. This alone has to have an impact. In some districts, getting them to school is half th battle.

    ReplyDelete